Gulliver is a co-educational private college preparatory day school established in 1926 in Miami, Florida. One of the largest independent schools in Florida, Gulliver enrolls more than 2,200 students in Grades PreK3-12 on four campuses. We presently have an opening for an Administrative Assistant.
This individual reports to the International Baccalaureate Coordinator and is responsible for providing administrative support to the Coordinator as well as the IB faculty by implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages, and make appointments.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and consumers.
- Compile statistical information for Coordinator as requested.
- Update and maintain mailing lists.
- Produce mailing labels and reports as requested.
- Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail including bulk mail and international mail.
- Facilitate special event registration and execution.
- Make travel arrangements for IB coordinator as well as IB faculty (includes registrations, travel request form (in cooperation with the Travel Coordinator)
- Order office supplies and monitor inventory.
- Type and word process documents as needed.
- Webmaster for IB portal
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, bilingualism preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Minimum two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
- Sensitivity to the needs of persons with disabilities.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to work some early mornings, evenings and weekend days.
- Ability to travel for short business trips.