Alumni Relations Specialist
Summary Statement of Job
Gulliver is seeking an Alumni Relations Specialist. This individual will be responsible for managing the data and analytics of a comprehensive alumni relations program that supports the meaningful alumni relations and fundraising initiatives. This includes supporting outreach and alumni events throughout the year including communications such as newsletters, electronic and multiple social media platforms. Maintains alumni database and provides reporting as needed for decision making.
This position is one of high visibility working closely with other department members in support of overall development activities and goals.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization such as Marketing, Communications, hospitality management or closely related discipline. At least three years of experience in communications, volunteer management and/or student affairs preferably in the non-profit or education sector. Proven track record of self-starting and the ability to prioritize duties with a focus on attention to detail. Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting while thinking collaboratively, strategically, and creatively. Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities. Proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Writing, proofreading, editing and organizational skills required.
- Solid networking aptitude.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, constituents, and volunteers.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Knowledge of communication and marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and ability to implement social media campaigns.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with database management applications.
Hours of Work
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed to support event functions as needed. Internal candidates who meet the qualifications for the position posted must submit a cover letter expressing interest and a resume to the Human Resources Department. EOE M/F/VD Drug Free Workplace.