Athletic Social Media Coordinator
This position is responsible for the development, management and promotion of Gulliver Athletics through social media and digital marketing. This position will report to the Director of Athletics
- Research audience preferences and identify social networks that would be optimal for building/promoting Gulliver Athletics brand reputation
- Develop a social media strategy to promote Gulliver Athletics brand
- Create original, engaging content to drive interest and build buzz around Gulliver Athletics student-athletes and teams, including some graphic design
- Create, edit, and upload content on school athletic website or in collaboration with website team
- Understand college athletic recruiting trends and utilize social media to promote prospective collegiate student-athletes
- Collaborate with athletic department administrators, coaches, student-athletes, and fans to ensure high-quality and timely content
- Measure impact and drive process improvements as necessary
- Stay up to date with developments in social/digital platforms for maximum operational excellence
- Some data entry duties required
- Collaborate with school and department administrators to ensure communications are on-message and consistent with the school standards
- Attend (some) scheduled athletic events and provide live in-game updates via social media
- Conduct video interviews with Gulliver student-athletes and coaches.
- Work with the local media to promote Gulliver student-athletes and teams.
- Excellent written communication skills across all platforms
- Demonstrated ability with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, social platforms, and related software used in production of marketing materials
- Strong interest in working in athletics
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, sport management, or related field preferred
Internal candidates who meet the qualifications for the position posted must submit a cover letter expressing interest and a resume to the Human Resources Department. EOE M/F/VD Drug Free Workplace.