Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Gulliver is a co-educational private college preparatory day school established in 1926 in Miami, Florida. One of the largest independent schools in Florida, Gulliver enrolls more than 2,200 students in Grades PreK3-12 on four campuses. Gulliver currently looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will work closely with the Controller and Chief Operating Officer to perform financial analysis, decision making support, monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting. Additionally, this role will support the President and Head of School with various presentations and ad hoc analysis on an as needed basis. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Support Gulliver Schools in performing budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc financial/operational analysis related to cost management, working capital management, headcount control, operational performance and executing Gulliver’s Strategic Plan.
- Performs and leads in-depth financial analyses, builds and maintains detailed growth and strategic models, and develop fact-based recommendations to help make informed business decisions
- Leads the budget process including: developing, communicating and driving the budget timeline, creating budget templates, creating/maintaining budget roll-up files, preparing budget deliverables for the COO and the Board of Trustees Finance Committee
- Performs monthly review of results and provide analysis of results vs. budget and forecasted expectations for Execution Leadership Team, in close partnership with Accounting Leadership
- Prepares monthly forecasts and updates/modifications to the five year plan
- Constructs and manages multidimensional financial models to analyze school cashflows over near and long term
- Supports the preparation of financial reports and presentations for the Board of Trustees, Bankers and other stakeholders
- Implements and manages best practices within the organization and develops meaningful reporting, KPI’s, metrics, and measures
- Oversees and manages cross-functional projects to drive simplification throughout the organization and to improve rigor in processes, reducing costs & improving efficiency
Education or Equivalent: BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years’ experience in budgeting & financial analysis preferred with Supervisory experience
- Strong organizational, leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Financial and business acumen
- Team building and interpersonal skills
- Management of multiple priorities
- Business partnership experience
- “Self-Starter” working with enthusiasm to manage responsibilities with a sense of urgency
Internal candidates who meet the qualifications for the position posted must submit a cover letter expressing interest and a resume to the Human Resources Department. EOE M/F/VD Drug Free Workplace.