Gulliver Schools has an immediate opening for an Events Planner in their advancement department. This position is to develop events that help Gulliver raise funds and create connections with potential donors. The position will assist in several aspects of fundraising, including events as well as relationship building and projecting the image of Gulliver Schools within the community. The Event Planner will work closely providing support to the Director of Development, and Senior Manager of Annual Giving
- Duties will include collect information on each project to assure the event matches the stated goals. Operate within established event budget
- Conduct research, visit sites, and find resources for a successful event.
- Negotiate space contracts, arrange food/beverage, order supplies, and develop publicity.
- Manage on-site event staff – preparation, execution and clean-up.
- Participate in the event; ensure that guests are welcomed and introduced.
- Post-event, prepare an event review.
- Propose new ideas to improve future events.
- Leverage existing relationships to contribute to Advancement/development goals.
- Prepare/review marketing materials.
- Attend community organization meetings, to enhance Gulliver’s image.
Candidates must have 2-3 years of previous events planning experience including a wide range of community contacts for event sites, vendors, and marketing experts. Prior fund raising events experience preferred Micro-soft office suite, power point, excel experience a must. Excellent interpersonal skills are required. This position calls for communication both verbally and written with internal constituents as well as parents, grandparents, community members, vendors, and potential donors. Ability to judge people and determine when to ask for donations and or services.
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 30 minute lunch, must be able to work additional hours on evenings and weekend to attend advancement events.
Internal candidates who meet the qualifications for the position posted must submit a cover letter expressing interest and a resume to the Human Resources Department. EOE M/F/VD Drug Free Workplace