Human Resources Manager
Gulliver is a co-educational private college preparatory day school established in 1926 in Miami, Florida. One of the largest independent schools in Florida, Gulliver enrolls more than 2,200 students in Grades PreK3-12 on four campuses.
Gulliver is seeking a Human Resource Manager. The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for implementing Gulliver’s culture, structure and policies. S/he will leverage key Human Resources (HR) best practices and support for the full scope of the HR function. Reporting directly to the Chief People Office (CPO) s/he will execute the HR strategy for the school.
- Build and maintain a strong faculty team through effective recruiting, onboarding and training
- Contribute to the strategic direction and formulation of corporate-wide HR policies, procedures, systems, and initiatives
- Communicate internally-set quality standards; ensure that all aspects of HR operations work to achieve satisfactory quality and consistency
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve processes, systems and technology, measurement practices, and metrics reporting for HR and administrative communities
- Demonstrate Talent Management through leadership by using best practices such as monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of our talent management solutions
- Establish Standard Operating Procedures for delivery of HR Services and solutions
- Effective interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills; communicating clearly, concisely, and persuasively in one-on-one and /or group settings.
- Change management experience as demonstrated by building commitment/enthusiasm for changes required to deliver on and exceed customer expectations while holding others accountable for managing change effectively in their areas.
- Foster and maintain strong internal relationships with key HR and business team members
- Ability to prioritize projects and activities
- Supervise the development of actionable, proactive metrics that drive forecasting capabilities and strategic insights both within HR and the administration
- Support larger HR initiatives by ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional services
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Performing benefits administration
- Maintaining affirmative action programs
- Technical/Professional Knowledge - Actively learning and applying industry knowledge; having achieved a satisfactory level of professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Benefits Administration
- Workforce Development
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, organizational development, or a related degree required
- 6-8 years of experience in HR operations or a similar function
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, basic HR measurement, and process improvement techniques required
- Supervisory and project management experience preferred
- Advanced degree in human resources preferred
- Experience in metrics reporting and analysis preferred
- Certifications in HR helpful (SPHR, GPHR).
Internal candidates who meet the qualifications for the position posted must submit a cover letter expressing interest and a resume to the Human Resources Department. EOE M/F/VD Drug Free Workplace.