Purpose: To provide the leadership and expertise required to ensure that the Gulliver Academy Library Media Program is aligned with the mission, goals, and objectives of the school and is an integral component of the school’s instructional program.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Create a school 21c “learning commons” model by developing and administering an integrated school library media program. Instruct students and staff in effective use of the media center, information and technology literacy skills, and use of equipment. Evaluate, select and procure print and digital resources and related equipment. Develop a makerspace within the space allotted. Instruct teachers, administrators, and other staff on new literacies, media and digital literacy. Recommend and procure resources for staff in order to meet their instructional objectives.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Information and technology literacy expertise • Familiarity with national and state standards for information and technology literacy, including the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and American Association of School Librarians (AASL) standards. • Knowledgeable about the design cycle - Bachelor’s Degree required - Master’s Degree in Information Science, Educational Technology, Information Architecture or equivalent certification - Former classroom experience preferred
1. To ensure staff are effective users of information, ideas, and effective users of library technologies for instruction.
2. To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and discerning, technologically literate, ethical users of information.
3. To collaborate with teachers and specialists to design and implement lessons and instructional units supported by media center resources.
4. Develop a school library media program that addresses skills, including life and career development, learning and innovation, and information, media, and technology literacy.
5. Cooperate and network with other libraries, librarians, and agencies to provide expanded access to resources for students and teachers.
6. Facilitate the development of multimedia learning spaces.
7. Maintain frequent and timely communication with stakeholders through an effective online school library media program presence on formats such as presentations, e-mail, newsletters, website and/or social media
Internal candidates who meet the qualifications for the position posted must submit a cover letter expressing interest and a resume to the Human Resources Department. EOE M/F/VD Drug Free Workplace.