Music Director for Preparatory Campus
Gulliver is a co-educational private college preparatory day school established in 1926 in Miami, Florida. One of the largest independent schools in Florida, Gulliver enrolls more than 2,200 students in Grades PreK3-12 on four campuses.
Gulliver Schools seeks a Music Director for its Preparatory campus, which serves students in grades 9-12.
The role’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Running a robust high school music program; this includes, but is not limited to: organization, repertoire selection, logistics, concerts/performances/rehearsals/sectionals, communication with students/parents/school/private lesson teachers/community, festivals (FOA, FVA, FBA, All-State, NAfME, etc.)
- Directing String Ensemble
- Directing Wind Ensemble (includes Pep Band)
- Directing Vocal Ensemble
- Teaching AP Music Theory
- Directing Jazz Ensemble
- Directing Full Orchestra
- Sponsoring Music Club
- Overseeing Assistant who helps run the program, and is our full-time in-house collaborative pianist for String, Vocal, and Instrumental Solo & Ensemble Festivals
- Organizing all trips--local, statewide, and beyond
- Overseeing Music Budget/Expenditures
Internal candidates who meet the qualifications for the position posted must submit a cover letter expressing interest and a resume to the Human Resources Department. EOE M/F/VD Drug Free Workplace.