About Gulliver Schools
Gulliver is a co-educational private college preparatory day school established in 1926 in Miami, Florida. One of the largest independent schools in Florida, Gulliver enrolls more than 2,200 students in Grades PreK3-12 on four campuses. Our Mission is to create an academic community devoted to educational excellence, with a personal touch, that fulfills each student’s potential.
Gulliver Schools is currently seeking an unarmed Security Associate to join our in-house team of security professionals. Qualified candidates must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, both written & verbal communication and be a team player with the ability to learn quickly. This position is full-time and hourly compensated. The qualified candidate will be expected to work; days, evenings, weekends and holidays at multiple campuses with no restrictions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol assigned campuses to prevent, deter and detect signs of intrusion and ensure integrity of; doors, windows, locks and gates.
- Conduct vehicular traffic control, respond to alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor, document and authorize access in/out of campus of; employees, students, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft, trespassing and maintain overall security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or suspicious activity.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Liaise with visitors, parents, students, and staff to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and interact with jurisdictional law enforcement as appropriate.
- Operate computer systems, CCTV cameras, radio communications, burglar & fire alarm panels and other related security equipment and devices.
- High School Diploma or GED
- State of Florida Class “D” Security Officer License
- Previous security and/or law enforcement experience in a school setting.
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese and/or French is a plus!
- Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening, Drug screen.
Gulliver Schools Inc. is an EOE M/F/V/D, Drug Free Workplace
Skills / Requirements
Gulliver is currently looking for an Unarmed Security Guard. Must have a High School Diploma, and a Class "D" License. Must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills; previous security experience in a school setting preferred. The position will be for 40 hours a week and the shift will be day, evening and weekends with no restrictions.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time